This double escudo from 1826 bears the portrait of King Ferdinand VII (1808/1814-1833) on the obverse. The reverse shows the coat of arms of Hapsburg-Spain. The shield is encircled by the chain of the Order of the Golden Fleece. The Latin inscription is IN UTROQ FELIX AUSPICE DEO, Under the Auspices of God there is Happiness on Both Sides. The letter S in the legend shows that the coin was minted in Seville, and the initials JB designate Joaquín Delgado Diaz and Benito de Roxas as mint masters; from 1824 to 1833, the two men jointly presided over the mint of Seville. The obverse of the coin is dedicated to the king, whose portrait is surrounded by the title FERDIN VII D G HISP ET IND R, Ferdinand by Grace of God King of Spain and India.